- In January 2016 the Government announced a set of proposals to reform children and families social work (Children’s Social Care Reform: A Vision For Change)
- However, the Government faced criticism for the lack of clarity on how they intended to achieve these aims, which prompted an inquiry into by the House of Commons Education Committee (report published in July 2016).
- In July 2016 the Government published ‘Putting Children First‘ which outlines how they will deliver their vision for reform
- In October 2016 a document was published which sets out the Government’s response to the Education Committee’s report
For more information about each of these reports, including links to the full reports, please see here
Social Workers – the deadline for renewing your HCPC registration is the 30th November 2016.
If you do not renew your registration and your name is removed from the register, you will be asked to pay a readmission fee of £315 to become registered again.
For more information, please see http://www.hcpc-uk.org/registrants/renew/
Social Work Practice Masterclasses
This series of learning events is provided as part of the South Yorkshire Teaching Partnership, and is aimed at experienced social workers who would like to develop their knowledge in specific areas. The seminars will provide participants with:
- Insights into current practice issues and developments
- Understandings of best practice
- Review of the recent research and the implications for practice
Places are free and this series is aimed at experienced practitioners, with a maximum of 40 participants per seminar. The seminars will be interactive and will provide opportunities to consider your own practice and learning needs.
Click here for details of our forthcoming Masterclasses
Master class flyer – Nov and Dec 2016 version 2
For details of our previous Masterclass on Effective Court Work see http://www.southyorkshireteachingpartnership.co.uk/social-work-practice-masterclass/